Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Shenanigans: Plum Jam, Wild Trout, Bowfishing Carp, and Strawberry Ice Cream

We are gearing up to launch a new Youtube channel dedicated to our California hunter-gatherer lifestyle in a few weeks. As a result I have not been snapping many pics, but instead have been compiling footage of outdoors adventures. I will keep you posted as to when the vlog begins!

In the meantime, here's a little rundown of a few things we've been up to lately. Diane and I got some killer strawberries at a farm stand the other day and made some exquisite strawberry ice cream!


It was absolutely incredible! We also harvested some of the summer's first blackberries (which we froze and I have yet to use). The bass bite is back on as is the trout action! While I forgot to snap a photo in the field, here's a couple of dinner last night!



This was a really tasty snow-melt-run wild trout dinner!

And Martijn and I got out with the bows he made us from Osage Orange we cut last year in pursuit of Asian Carp!



The Santa Rosa plums were ripening like crazy at the family orchard, so I harvested a bunch and my girl and I made a small batch of incredible plum jam too!




Well, I'm gonna go try to shoot some more rabbit hunting video! Wish me luck!

Keep the old ways alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment