Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Wild Foods Walk


I had the good fortune of leading a little wild foods walk the other day. It was a great group of folks and even with a persistent wind, turned out to be a phenomenal day!



We searched the woods high and low making sure to be extra quiet to not scare off the illusive wild mushrooms and greens!

Within two hours we had located and gathered up a ton of delicious oyster mushrooms...and even saw a bald eagle and a golden eagle!







We paired the mushrooms with wild greens and sauteed them up in butter! The mushroom-herb medley was served over crostini while we also enjoyed wild caught and home-smoked salmon and some black walnuts we gathered along the trail!






All in all it was a heck of a good time! Looking forward to the Coastal Wild Foods Walk I will be offering in January!

Keep the Old Ways Alive!

Photos: Oliver and Justina

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I am VERY interested in attending one of these Wild Food Walks! Where would I find more information?
    Thanks,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    I am glad you are interested! It is filling up fast, but I have a few slots still open for a coastal ethnobotany, fungi, and shellfish class on the 27th of this month if you and/or your friends are interested! Email me at smith.kevin597 at gmail. Regards, Kevin

    ReplyDelete